ABA- Applied Behavior Analysis
Based on the idea that when positive reinforcement follows a behavior, its more likely that the behavior will be repeated. You can create positive changes in behavior.
Some ABA sessions involve 1on1 interaction, and can take place in any environment. First, you start with an assessment of the client and create goals-assessment is ongoing and involves the family. They are provided the skills to conduct their own sessions.
How ABA Helps
- Increase, Maintain, or Reduce behaviors.
- Teach new skills.
- Modify the learning environment.
- Encourage behavior to occur in other situations.
What is the ABA Approach?
Focused on Measurable results!
- Do an assessment; recognize a behavior you want to promote or discourage.
- Identify goals.
- Select a method to measure target behaviors.
- Identify the client’s baseline.
- Create an action plan to support client in attaining goals.
- Regularly monitor progress and make the necessary changes for the client to achieve the objectives.